3 Tablespoons Chief Curry Powder
1/2 bunch Coriander
1-inch ginger piece peeled
1/2 cup water
4 large cloves garlic
1 medium chopped onion
6 Chicken drumsticks
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
4 tablespoons oil
1 Scotch bonnet
2 Peeled Potatoes (Cut quarters) –Optional
1. Take the skin off the chicken drumsticks (optional) and wash the chicken with lemon.
2. Chop the small end of the drum sticks (optional) and remove any splinters.
3. Blend the Scotch bonnet (or just a piece it’s up to you!) with Garlic, Ginger and Coriander.
4. Rub the mixture on the chicken with a pinch of salt, pepper and 1tsp Chief curry powder. (Leave to marinate in the fridge for 2 – 4 hours).
5. Par boil the quartered potatoes and drain.
6. Heat 4tsp of oil in an Iron pot, add onions and cook until brown.
7. Mix 2tsp of Chief curry powder with 1/4 cup of water until and mix until smooth, add to hot oil and cook for 2 minutes on medium high (make sure the curry is fried and most of the water has evaporated).
8. Add the chicken and stir, coating with the Curry and cook for 5 minutes.
9. Stir and reduce the heat to medium \ low making sure the chicken is not sticking.
10. Cover for 10 minutes.
11. Add par boiled potatoes and cover again for 15 minutes.
12. Garnish with some chopped Coriander.
13. Serve with Rice or Roti.