Geera Pork (Cutters)
- 2lb pork
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 hot pepper (we like more)
- Small bunch or coriander
- ½ inch ginger
- 2 teaspoons chief curry powder
- 4 teaspoons chief geera powder
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 small onions
- Cut the pork into small pieces. Place into a bowl of water and squeeze lemon juice into the water, wash the meat and drain.
- Blend garlic, ginger, pepper and coriander.
- Add ¾ of this mixture to the pork, add salt and black pepper, add 2 teaspoons of curry powder and 3 teaspoons of geera. Allow to marinate for 3 hours.
- Chop onions.
- Heat oil, add onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add seasoned pork and stir on medium \ low heat and allow to simmer for 30 – 35 minutes. If necessary, add water to avoid sticking.
- Add remaining mixture and 1 teaspoon of geera powder, stir thoroughly.
- Cook for an additional 5 – 10 minutes or until meat is tender and most of the water has evaporated.